From the desk of Dr KK Aggarwal National President, IMA Generic drugs prescription The current Read more →
11/10/15, 6:52:11 PM: N Dr Sehgal: Clinical Establishment Act Govt view vs our objections
An excellent event was organized by IMA Chandigarh yesterday. Justice Ajay Tiwari was Chief Guest.
Representatives from Himachal (Paonta Sahib) Nawanshahar, Khanna, Mohali and Chandigarh attended the event. Dr Tarsem Lal Joint secretary Ministry of Health and Family Wefare and Incharge CEA Implementation presented the Governments goals. Our key suggestions / objections communicated to the Government are;
1) There should not be discrimination in statutory licences needed to run a clinical establishment whether it is in Govt sector private allopathy centre or AYUSH centre of similar size.
2) Hospitals and clinical establishments should be categorized according to basic criterion of
a. whether emergency services are provided or not ,
b. whether OT is existant or not,
c. whether ICU is existant or not
3) Emergency treatment should be demanded only from establishments which claim to provide emergency services but even in them it needs to be paid for and mechanism of this payment to Clinical establishments needs to be evolved
4) Small and medium Healthcare establishments like nursing homes upto 20 beds should be given relaxation in minimum standards as is given to small and medium scale industries under a seperate Act
5) Private hospitals which have not recieved any subsidy or support from Government in any form cannot be forced to sell their services at a particular rate
6) Simplify the process and categories otherwise we anticipate Inspector / License Raj
7) Clause to invite objections from public before setting up a Clinical Establishment should be removed.
My thanks and congratulations to Dr Sandeep Dhawan and Dr Raman Abrol President and Secretary IMA Chandigarh for stupendous effort made in organizing something like this.
Dr Neeraj Nagpal
Convenor,Medicos Legal Action Group, Managing Director MLAG Indemnity,
Ex President IMA Chandigarh